Congratulations, you setup your twitter account! Now it’s time to make sure you optimize it so that people within your network, prospective clients, colleagues, media/bloggers, and friends can follow you. The 160 character bio and your profile photo are often the only things people see when judging who to follow and who to pass by, so it is important to take a few minutes to write a great bio that attracts the right attention.
Here are some tips to get you started!
- Skim through the profiles of people you admire in your industry – what makes them stand out or fade into the background? Where can you shine in this mix?
- Start with who you are, what you do and why you are awesome.
- Remember that you are representing your personal brand as well as your organization’s brand.
- Your bio will appear not only on twitter, but also in search results when your name is typed into a search engine like Google. Using keywords that are most relevant to your industry is great, but you want to make sure to keep it upbeat and social as well.
- Your bio needs to grab the attention of other people; you want to cut through the clutter and make others curious enough to click on your profile to learn more.
- Let your personality shine through! No need to be as formal as you would be on LinkedIn or in your general bio.
- Consider adding relevant hashtags or a link to your website.
Are you still struggling to find the perfect Twitter bio? Use this free tool: http://twitterbiogenerator.com